Esthetics Fillings Nowadays, individuals are visiting the dentists more often for the esthetic reasons instead of routine checks or common problems such as decayed tooth. In cosmetic dentistry, dentists have the ultimate expertise for the structure of the tooth, gum, face and their composition with each other. What are the concerns of the Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Creating variable solutions for the unwanted color, shape or formation of the tooth
- Esthetic solutions for the visual disorders of the gum
- Ensures all of your tooth participates to your smile
- Creates esthetic solutions with not only investigating the harmony between tooth, gum, and lips but also studying their relationship with chin and face.
- Regulating the synergy between lips and gums, blocking the gums to be seen more than desired while smiling due to the position of the lips.
What kind of therapeutic methods are being used in Esthetic Dentistry?
- Esthetics fillings
- Porcelain laminates
- Metal-free coatings ( Zirconium – Empress )
- Gum Esthetics
- Smile Design
What is the Inley – Onley term? Metal and composite fillings are widely being used for the treatment of the decayed tooth as core material. However, if the teeth is suffering from extensive material loss, that kind of cases required to be filled by porcelain filling due to their esthetic appearance and physical durability. Inley – Onley’s are the esthetic, long-lasting fillings which is being measured first and then prepared in in-vitro conditions after cleaning the rotten tissue from the teeth. They also help the protection of the leftover living tissue at the decayed teeth. Nowadays, they are one of the most important esthetic applications of the Cosmetic Dentistry due to their positive effects such as minimizing the risks of side leaking and possibly of developing another rotten area on the teeth. Porcelain laminate applications either do not harm the teeth tissue or does not require any preparation most of the time. Using the special adhesives, laminates are being applied and their natural appearance is the main reason of its wonderful esthetic results. Nowadays laminates are very popular regenerative option due to their healthy, enduring and stable color options.
Laminates has extremely sensitive production process and they are being manufactured in very thin dimensions. This ensures the perfection of the compatibility of the laminas and environmental tissues. All information in this website are being provided for general educational and informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for medical judgment of a dentist or any kinds of treatment in any way.
Porcelain laminates Nowadays, individuals are visiting the dentists more often for the esthetic reasons instead of routine checks or common problems such as decayed tooth. In cosmetic dentistry, dentists have the ultimate expertise for the structure of the tooth, gum, face and their composition with each other.
In what cases porcelain laminate is recommended?
- For the individuals with shot tooth problem. If the upper part of the tooth formation is not visible due to shortness of the tooth while smiling.
- Advanced levels of coloring in tooth due to excessive amount of antibiotic and fluorine consumption which cannot be treated with teeth whitening.
- İndividuals which are suffering from broken incisor.
- Diastema closure for the gaps between teeth.
- Fixing the crooked teeth as an alternative treatment besides orthodontic applications to achieve almost perfect cosmetic appearance.
- Tooth with unwanted structural form and shape.
What are the advantages of the Porcelain Laminate Teeth?
- They are being applied without any structural abrasion required. (In some cases ignorable amount of abrasion is possible )
- Their colors are not being affected by external factors such as tea, coffee or smoking.
- Various color options are available
- Any kind of broken, cracked, fractured teeth and colorings can be easily treated.
- Porcelain ones are not noticeable due to their similarity with natural teeth.
- They can be redesigned from a copy of your teeth. Without any intervention any changes might be planned and produced if there is a problem.
- They are highly durable against corrosion. They protect the teeth and stop the decaying on the teeth.
How long Porcelain Laminate Tooth can be used? With a good oral hygiene, they can be used for many years without any problems. Instead of using crowns which is the metal reinforced porcelain laminates, modern porcelains with zirconium sub-structure are being used nowadays.
Zirconium Tooth Nowadays, individuals are visiting the dentists more often for the esthetic reasons instead of routine checks or common problems such as decayed tooth. In cosmetic dentistry, dentists have the ultimate expertise for the structure of the tooth, gum, face and their composition with each other. Why should we choose zirconium porcelains?
- Using the zirconium porcelains instead of classical porcelains which are supported by the metals, ends up with more esthetic results. Additionally, biocompatibility of the zirconium porcelains allows the restoration to be long-lasting.
- Metal supported porcelains might form purple stains at the neck of the teeth. Zirconium porcelains do not have that problem.
- Zirconium Porcelains does not block the light transmission. Because of that healthier appearance has been observed in this treatment. Otherwise metal supported porcelains has more opacity in their appearance. Therefore, more synthetic and pale appearance is inevitable to be observed. Zirconium totally prevents that.
- Zirconium porcelains are not allergic. They are not inducers of the taste disorders, bad breath or gum problems.
In which cases Zirconium tooth are practicable?
- Tooth with extensive material loss
- Restorational treatments of the missing teeth
- Esthetic operations of the front area of the mouth
- Patients which are allergic to the metals
- Implant restorations
Bonding Applications Bonding, aka adhesive systems has been developed for changing the color and shape of the teeth, enlarging its size, or treating a defect, providing better esthetic appearance without causing material loss. Using the composite fillings, broken nipper teeth fractures and diastemas can be treated within one session with this method. These kinds of applications are fast, esthetic and low cost. Additionally local anesthesia is not even required in most of the cases. Smile Designing Nowadays, individuals are visiting the dentists more often for the esthetic reasons instead of routine checks or common problems such as decayed tooth. In cosmetic dentistry, dentists have the ultimate expertise for the structure of the tooth, gum, face and their composition with each other. Important headings to pay attention for Smile Esthetic?
What is the Smile Designing? Smile designing requires the synergy of art and medicine to renovate your own ideal smiling in the way of your personal needs without compensating the neutrality and healthiness. You are ready to design your smile but where to begin? Other factors for your own and most esthetic smile:
- Facial Lines
- Symmetry of your smile
- Formation and color of your tooth
First step of the smile designing is to determine which geometrical shape is the most compatible one with your facial lines. These lines are hiding the codes of which type of teeth should have been chosen to create the most beautiful smile for a person. Some of the principal face types and harmonious teeth forms are available below. Anatomy of the men and women are different than each other. Men have more sharp and evident facial lines. Nose and pogonion proportion has differences than woman. However, woman has more smooth transitions, weak nose and eyebrow arch in their faces. Also they have the same parallel tooth formation. Women:
- Smoother corners of the teeth
- Smiling line is right curved
- Middle tooth is slightly longer than environmental tooth
- Environmental tooth has little gaps between each other
- Environmental tooth is being connected in more flat line
- Lines are more apparent
- More flat smiling line
How many types of smile expressions are present?
Generally, there are three main types of smile expressions. These basic categories have various subcategories available.
1- Sexy Smile
In this category, teeth formation includes a significant difference between side and front tooth. Actually, for younger individuals this is perfectly normal but in time front teeth gets shorter due to long term of service. Therefore, older appearance might be problem due to having shorter frontal teeth. If you want to have charming smile, your front teeth must be longer than others. Designing the front teeth in the way described above will give you a brand new smile which is dynamic and attractive. This category is perfectly suitable for younger person.
2- Sophisticated Smile
In this category, teeth have been formed laterally into a line. Intellectual smile would bring more mature and wise looking to your face. Sophisticated smile highlights the lower parts of the face. In younger ages, tooth characteristics vary when it comes to measure tooth length. In middle ages, they seem more equal in length. Esthetic dentistry can fix this disadvantage and turn it into an advantage to get more mature, wise and sophisticated smile.
3- Sportive Smile
Sportive Smile is something between sophisticated smile and sexy smile. Central incisors are just a little bit longer than side incisors. Sportive Smile design brings warm, extraordinary and hearty smile to you. This type of smile is neither very serious like sophisticated smile, not attractive and young like sexy smile.
Criteria of the Smile Designing
Criteria of the smile designing can be categorized in these highlights:
Ideal smile includes a parallel line between lines of the apple of eye and middle of the teeth most of the time.
Symmetry is very important criteria because of the shape and size disorders in the middle and side incisors are easily noticeable. Therefore, providing the highest levels of symmetry long as long as the facial lines allows is the key to have more attractive smile.
Line between sharp points of the front incisors and the lower lip should have been drawn in same levels of curvature. Synergy between them is the key for the younger and more attractive smile.
Gum line is visible while you are smiling and it should be parallel to the upper lip line. Gum line is like a frame which surrounds a beautiful painting. It adds meaning to your smile.
For more esthetic smile, in the smiling line, molars have to be visible in certain proportions. If this requirement is absent, dark areas in the corners of mouth will be the reason for unpleasant appearance.
These natural and triangle shaped gaps named ‘’Embrasure ‘’ needs to decrease in shape from incisors to molars.
Visible area of the maxilla incisors should be in 1/16 of the width and height of the face respectively. Additionally, some geometrical shapes in the nature have the golden ratio, in other words, Phi. For an esthetic smile teeth formation should include that rule. For example ratio between central incisors and side incisors should be (1.618/1=1.618=phi), ratio between canine tooth and side incisors should be (0.618/1 = 0.618). Which can be formulized like (1/phi =phi-1= 0.618).
Two central incisors also should include the golden ratio in width and height (1/phi =phi-1= 0.618). Visible height of the teeth always has to be bigger than is width.
Shadows of the Teeth
There is no a dominant shade or color is present for the tooth. Natural tooth can’t be a pure white. Color and transparency of the tooth varies between places. We can examine the tooth in three different areas. 1- Cervical Neck Area: Even in the whitest smiles, this area is flavescent. 2-Middle Area: This area is less flavescent. 3- Sharp area: Grey color and variable levels of transparency is present in this area.
What is the crown coating, and why are we using it?
Crown is the process of coating which is being applied to the damaged tooth for regeneration. Main reasons are to beautifying and fortifying the teeth and protect it. Crown coatings can be applied in these conditions.
- If there is no sufficient support for the tooth, crown coatings are being used to restore big dental fillings
- Prevent weak tooth from breaking
- To be an upper structure for a dental implant
- Coating the broken, stained or bad shaped teeth
What are the most appropriate materials for crown coating?
While choosing the most appropriate material for your treatment, both semblance and function is being considered. Your dentist will make a decision after carefully considering your teeth and gum tissue formation, amount of the visible tooth while smiling or stains visible and functions of the teeth. Crown coatings are being made from various amounts of materials such as gold or less valuable alloys, porcelains, acrylic, composites or a composition of these materials.